How a Sydney Plasterer Handles a Drywall Installation Project
December 8, 2016
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to feel they would be able to handle small DIY drywall installation projects on their own. However, the job isn’t always as simple as it seems. Only an expert gyprocker understands the nitty-grittys of the job and will be able to handle it in the best possible way. Every site is different and has different limitations and a skilled Sydney Plasterer would be able to take all these into account and provide you custom solutions. Drywall installation work process Sydney Wide Plastering is one of the leading operators in this space and we handle all types of drywall installation jobs for residential and commercial customers. When we tackle any of these jobs, we follow a very detailed work process:
- We arrive at your property with all the drywall sheets and advanced tools
- Our experts will take measurements and then cut out openings in the sheets for all the electrical fixtures
- If overhead work has to be done and the ceiling has some fixtures or HVAC vents and openings, that will also be factored into the cutting work
- We check the existing structure carefully and make note of where all the concealed plumbing and electrical installations are
- If there are drywall installations in that space already, those would have to be carefully and methodically demolished.
- The entire space will then be prepared for the new plaster installation
- The electrical point plates will be removed and our experts ensure that the electrical connections aren’t disturbed when the work is being done
- We then start with the actual installation and ensure that all the sheets are affixed to the existing framework; the objective is to create a seamless surface; and mud & tape will also be applied at the joints to ensure there are no gaps in the installation
- The surfaces would then be lightly sanded and made ready for the primer application. This becomes the base of the paint
- If the installation has to be done in more than one room, we plan the project accordingly and ensure the work is done efficiently and completed within the committed timeframe
- Our personnel also clean up the site at the end of the work day and will leave it neat and tidy
- All the waste materials will be bagged and kept aside for disposal
Hire the best As you can see, there are a number of small details involved in installing a drywall and only an experienced hand would be able to complete the job satisfactorily. This makes it very important to hire an experienced Sydney Plasterer. We at Sydney Wide Plastering are a fully-licensed and insured company that handles all types of drywall installation jobs. Check our testimonials and you will realise why we are the Sydney Plasterer of choice for so many residential and commercial customers. For more information, call us at 0405 847 224. You can also contact us via this form. Find information about the areas we service, here.